Our Birmingham Conference is less than two days away! We couldn’t be more excited about how things have come together. A few new details to share:
1. Primary talk titles have been finalized:
- Talk 1. Friday Evening. “Why We Always Lose When We Keep Score” – Paul Walker
- Talk 2. Saturday Morning. “Game Over: The Foolish Wisdom of God’s Grace, Pt 1″ – Paul Walker
- Talk 3. Saturday Morning. “The Curse of Autonomy and the Hope of a New Word” – David Browder
- Talk 4. Saturday Morning. “You’re Not Wrong, Walter: Love in a Time of Argument” – David Zahl
- Talk 5. Saturday Afternoon. “Game Over: The Foolish Wisdom of God’s Grace, Pt 2″ and Q&A – Paul Walker
2. Sam Bush of The Hill and Wood (and Christ Church C’ville) will be our conference musician, leading both the opening and closing worship. And Gil Kracke has graciously agreed to be our conference chaplain, giving short devotions before each of Paul’s talks. These are amazing developments; our cup runneth over!
3. The conference will close on Saturday afternoon with a special Mockingbird reception at The Redmont Hotel, a mere two blocks away, from 3-5pm. The reception will double as a launch party for the new Mockingbird resource, Paul Zahl’s The Merciful Impasse: The Sermon on the Mount for Those Who’ve Crashed (and Burned) audio collection. Dr. Zahl will be on hand to sign copies and talk briefly about the release.
4. Finally, if you have run into trouble finding an affordable/appropriate place to stay, we may be able to help. No guarantees, but do email us at email@example.com and we’ll give it our best shot.
Online pre-registration is now closed. While last-minute walk-ins will of course not be turned away, we cannot guarantee them food or childcare. Hope you can join us for any part of the program.
BONUS TRACKS: To give you a better sense of our main speaker, Paul Walker, we’ve uploaded a trio of recent sermons (in reverse chronological order).
- “Where Grace Leads, Love Follows”
- “Perfect Ice Cubes Again!”
- “Everything Is Going To Be Okay”